Thursday, 19 February 2009

Bailouts cont...

I wrote that last one in a bit of the rush. So I will elaborate....

Obama's stimulas package has me, along with a good majority of the nation worried. Socialism is on the horizon and we are welcoming it with open arms. Bush started this, with the bailout of two banking giants, (didn't agree with that call) and Obama is continuing in the trend. Bailing out should never be an option in a Capitalistic Democratic society. This is why I am convinced that we do not live in a True democracy. There is not one buisness in America that now has to worry about failing/filing for bankrupcy because good ol government will save you, no matter how shaddy your buisness practices were. Also where does this leave the other buisnesses that are doing it right? I am all for GM and Chevrolet Vehicles, but you know what, if they fail, they fail. That is the nature of the beast. Let some other company (Saab is knocking on GM's Door), that is successful come in and run it right. Thats how it's supposed to work.

I am fearful of the future of this nation. Democracy as we know it is gone. We live in a nation where it is acceptable to be crooked in buisness, horrible in managing money, screw over the consumer and it's ok, infact you are rewarded for it. "Since our consuemers don't like us anymore and refuse to buy our products, we'll ask the government for help and they will help us", just because we want to save 60,000 jobs. People adapt, people will find other places to work...... this is sheer madness. The government has no faith in it's people.

And to top it all off, the United States just borrowed (from who I don't know) 1 Trillion dollars yesterday.............. I believe the name of the "handbasket" is America and we are on our way down.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

people think I'm joking when I say; "Doom". I am not, nor have I ever bandied that around lightly.

Now do you see why I was bulaistic over abama? At least with Bush, you had the democrats screaming. bamma has a get out of jail free card.