Friday, 20 February 2009

An Ocean of Memories

I have always been drawn by the sea. Tonight I sent an Email to my Mother and then My wife and was about to call it a night before I decided to go to my place, outside of the ship, just to be alone for a while.

The sea was black, the sky was black. I felt completely alone and isolated from the rest of the world. I sat out there for about 5 minutes before my eyes ajusted and the stars shone bright. My eyes however did not stare at the sky as I remember them doing for the better part of my life, but they drifted downward to the black abyss below. The black turned into little dots of floresent blue. Almost like twinkling stars in the water. Then a streak of blue shot across through the water, a perfect line, almost like a shooting star. I looked back toward the hull of the ship and the ripples were glowing a bright floresent blue. It was amazing. I smiled and came back inside and began typing this blog.

My thoughts are this; "Happiness isn't real unless it's shared" That is what I summed up from that. The entire time I was out there I would have loved for my Wife to be there, my children asking "Daddy, why does it do that." With the glow of bomb blast on the horizon and a doomed economy, all I care about is home.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You're getting it.