Wednesday, 5 November 2008

"World hopes for a less arrogant America"

It amazes me how much an election can change the world's view on our great country. This whole world is always looking at America. We are like their role model.
People around the world stayed awake last night (or their mornings) to see who the next leader of our country would be. Most Americans didnt even stay awake to find out. I didnt. I woke up about 4 am and turned the tv on to find out. We are so selfish. Americans could care less about other countries in this world, yet everyone looks up to our country. It should make us proud to be Americans no matter who our president is. Instead of bashing everyone, how about we wait until January and see what this guy can do. Change can be good sometimes.

This was the quote that made me want to write this. and the title of my blog was the title of the article.

America is electing a new president, but for the Germans, for Europeans, it is electing the next world leader," said Alexander Rahr, director of the German Council on Foreign Relations.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm more than happy to live in a country where I'm allowed to disagree and not be roasted alive because I do NOT agree with the leader. In fact, it is my right to not agree. While I'm allowed to accept the present president elect, I am not COMMANDED to.

which is the issue I have about 'sharing the wealth'.

Maybe that means I'm arrogant.