Monday, 19 January 2009

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Today was one of those days when it was very easy to lose all hope in everything. Got to muster in time just to get talked to by my chief about what the night shift forgot to do, and upon further discussion, you realize that the jobs were completed just not to the standards of a person who's standards change everyday. It's kinda one of those things where what worked yesterday no longer works. We take care of everything they missed and then 2 hours later we can start our jobs. It takes us no time at all to complete this, it's just a hassle is all.

Right now I am in between divisions. I am normally doing my job as a cryptologist, however I am currently TAD to the mess decks in order to full fill our divisions TAD requirements. I am the Mess Deck Master at Arms. Just a fancy way to say that I am the guy in charge of the mess decks. Granted, I think it is a lame job, but when you sit back and look at it, my job is to make sure 4200 people have everything they need to eat. Not to shabby. Anyway I am torn in all directions down there, we need this, we need that, why haven't you done this, well because we were still doing the other thing you asked us to do, I never told you to do that, do this instead, roger that chief, we need you to do this, "Hey CTT2 I need to go to medical" go ahead and go to medical and we'll cover your station, we need to run CO2 bottles, Wait 15 minutes until I can free up a couple of bodies, The scullery is down, Call Galley Maintenance, We need to get items from the store rooms........ You catch the drift. That is everyday for me. It's so fast paced and chaotic. I hate it, but I love it, because It has sped the deployment up incredibly for me. Sometimes I feel like a butterfly in a hurricane, but somehow I always land safely. I attribute this to my uncanny ability to be the best at everything I do :) (My arrogance has no boundaries!)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

that was what I liked about work.

until i didn't.